Garden Kitchen / San Diego, California
What a terrific little bodega "real food" restaurant. Owner, Coral Strong, makes everything from scratch and knows exactly where every ingredient has come from. With a new menu daily, she works to use up all parts of every ingredient which comes through the kitchen. Appetites are satisfied, customers become friends, merriment is had.
• Intimate patio seating
• Teeny kitchen - only about two people will handle your food!
• Super friendly, Coral chats with every table during service
• Ingredients are local & organic as much as possible
• Almost all menu items can be modified to accommodate different diets - vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or otherwise
MY FAVES :
• The farm salad was chock full of so much good, terrific variety and flavors
• The space is so comfy and calm
• I love that this restaurant is in a neighborhood without other places like this
4204 Rolando Blvd., San Diego, CA 92115