Plant Theory / Miami, Florida
Oh my! Sheryn Abalos handcrafts some of the best food I’ve ever put in my mouth. Her philosophy is Food Alchemy - using unadulterated ingredients to create flavor profiles. With plant-based takes on familiar favorites, she works to only include nourishing elements and eliminate common allergens such as gluten and soy. The results are uncomplicated flavor and texture combos that make you go, “Wow.”
Sheryn has been vegan for 30 years and is a registered flight attendant. After owning another Miami Beach spot and juice bar, Plant Theory came to be. Every ingredient is made in-house with the exception of some daiya cheese used. I tried to pry info out of her about her oh-so-creamy SOS sauce, aka "secret organic sauce" but no dice.😉 All ingredients are organic and as locally sourced as possible. Even all the water and ice at the shop is on-site filtered. She works with customers who need custom attention to overcome allergy and health issues.
In addition to some damn fine food, the walls are lined with specifically-curated plant-based ingredients, packaged food and local farm produce. This was my last Miami stop and really blew me away.
• Sheryn spent time searching for the perfect design elements - it's a place you want to hang out in
• Everything you eat here will be nutritious, filling, delicious and offer peace of mind
• THE FOOD
• Personal attention, if you'd like custom fare
MY FAVES :
• I will have dreams about eating the Chipotle Guava BBQ Jackfruit Slider (below) again
• Missing Egg Melt with coconut bacon
• 100% pure acai softserve & banana split desserts
• Raw Lasagna - sauce with it was amazing
Plant Theory Botanical Cafe & Artisan Market
744 6th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139